To get Veterans ID card (VIC), veterans need to go on vets.gov, click on “Apply for Printed Veteran ID Card at the bottom left of the page and register by creating the account. When veterans apply for the card then within 60 days cared will be received by veterans.
How to get a Veterans ID Card?
Before applying for Veterans ID card you just need to check the requirement whether you are eligible or not to get a veteran ID card.
Am I eligible for a Veteran ID card?
To get a Vet ID card, you need 2 major requirements.
- Served on active duty, in reserve, or in National Guard, and
- Receive an honourable or general discharge.
If you are not falling under the above mention criteria then you cannot get a veteran ID card. Also, you are not eligible for Vet discounts which are specific for cardholder veterans.
How Do I Apply for Veteran ID Card?
Requirements for the Veterans ID card
You need following documents to apply for veteran ID card otherwise you will not be eligible to get a Vet ID card.
- You must have a social security number.
- For the upload, you need a digital copy of DD214, DD256, DD257, or NGB22. In pdf, png, jpeg, or file format, you can upload it.
- You must have the Government issued ID copy such as Passport, driver license or national ID card.
What happens after I apply for a Veteran ID card?
After the submission of your Veteran Card application, your eligibility and verification will be checked. After verification, if you are eligible then mail regarding the status of your application will be sent to you. If there is an issue in verification then it may take time so you need to be passionate in this case. If you receive about additional information anything then sign in the AccessVA and update your application.